Thursday, January 20, 2011

Inspiration

Hi there! Welcome to The Writer's Blog!!!

So today, I would like to tell you a littlebit about INSPIRATION!
forgive me for the drab title BTW...

Okay...so let me begin with a question..
What inspires you?

Think real deep. What's that something that keeps you going despite the ups and downs of being a writer? Have an answer? no? well think of one...

Here's an example-- My mother inspires me. She is my role model and when I'm having a bad day, shes the first one I call to. --Kristine, 14

My English teacher's my inspiration. He was the one who made me realize that I could be so much more. --Lauren, 17

Everyone needs inspiration. Even world famous authors who's works continue to enchant thousand around the world. And mind you, this does not only apply to writing. Everyone...form the honor student to the opera singer has something that urges them to go upward.

For me there are two kinds of inspiration. The first is the same throughout a lifetime and the second constantly changes.
Confused?
An example again...

Throughout a lifetime- Family and Friends
Constantly changes- the blooming rose (yesterday) The curtain pattern (today)

---

A friend once told me, "Inspiration is everywhere; You just have to look." Anything can be any one's inspiration, anytime, anywhere.

So...

Where can you find this inspiration?

Your Inspiration throughout a lifetime, that's up to you...

But here are some of the best places to find inspiration that constantly changes...

Home Sweet Home- The place where you can kick of your shoes and relax. And while you relax, look around you. There's something always new at home that you perhaps never noticed. You just have to open your eyes. Have you ever gotten a good look on the intricate design of the chandelier that looks very much like a star when you look at it form underneath.

Garden/The Park- Lets go out and get some fresh air and smell a few roses. And even if you have no roses, there is much more to see. Like maybe the spiderweb or the nest. Look up at the sky. Play the childhood game of "Hey look! that cloud looks like a cotton candy." Only think larger and let your mind soar.

Mall- You know, there are other things aside form clothes at the mall. And those don't come with shocking price tags. Those things are called ideas. Just looking around at all the colors, textures and designs is sure to light a long busted bulb.

Museum/Art Gallery- Remember your last field trip here? You were 10. These places are overflowing with ideas that are just dying to get down on paper. The key is to go beyond and imagine. Read the history on those little cards where people only seem to read the first sentences. Create your own different story!

Books- No ticket? No passport? Not a problem. This reminds me of Emily Dickinson's poem, There's no Frigate like a Book. Books can take you to as far as the Great Wall of China to the Mighty Pacific. All in the comfort of your home. And nothing is more inspiring than the works of your favorite author. Their great for getting ideas....not forging:P

There are so much more. Like I said earlier, you just have to look. So what are you waiting for? Step away form the screen for a while will 'ya...and be inspired.






7 comments:

  1. Awesome entry! The style is so alluring! And the ideas themselves combined with the style kick up this entry to a whole new level :D

    Hmm...inspiration? I haven't really thought about that before... I guess my Life Time inspiration used to be my sixth grade teacher, but he's not really around anymore to see how I've progressed.

    I think what really drives me is that writing is my escape from reality.

    Any my inspiration for the day? Haha, well, I'll think of that AFTRER I flunk my Science presentation thingy which I didn't study for AT ALL 0_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks...wheww! im glad it was okay...i was really nervous since it was my first time to write a blog...and one more problem I had was I could not copy paste my work form the computer so I had to retype everything...now i know anyway:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really good! im telling my friends about this site! We are so totally writing fanatics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annonymous,

    Thanks! I'm glad you like the blog, and I'm sure everyone else does, as well! Just out of curiosity, how did you find out about this site?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beatrice,

    You couldn't copy and paste your work? 0_o Well, thanks for the heads up :)

    Chiaki

    ReplyDelete
  6. A freind from English told me about it and i just had to check it out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. to Chiaki- yeah i guess so...unless i didn't figure it out just yet...so if i were right then we would have to type all posts directly..

    to Anonymous- oh okay...thanks for comming to this blog..readers mean everything to us right Chi?

    and BTW...feel free to give constructive critisism....it would really help...thx^^

    ReplyDelete